In SketchUp, a solid is any 3D model (component or group) that has a finite closed volume. A SketchUp solid cannot have any leaks (missing faces or faces that do not meet at an edge).
How do I use solid tools in SketchUp?
SketchUp’s Solid Tools
- Open the dedicated toolbar. Choose View→Toolbars→Solid Tools to open the toolbar that contains all six tools. You can also find them on the Tools menu. …
- To use the Solid Tools, preselect — or don’t. Pick the tool you want to use either before or after you’ve told SketchUp which solid objects you want to affect.
Is SketchUp no longer free?
We still have SketchUp Make 2017 available for free download here. Be sure to download Make, not Pro, for the free version. … If you depend on SketchUp’s professional modeling and documentation features for your work, we hope you’ll consider purchasing SketchUp Pro.
What is a solid tool?
Solid tools in SketchUp allow you to perform various intersections between solid groups or components in your model. Whether you are trying to join multiple objects using Union, or would like to trim one solid from another using Trim, Solid tools are very useful. (Solid tools are a SketchUp Pro only feature.
What does the word solid mean?
English Language Learners Definition of solid
(Entry 1 of 2) : firm or hard : not having the form of a gas or liquid. : having no space inside : not hollow.
How do you separate components in SketchUp?
Make Unique: Sometimes you want to make changes to only one or a few of the instances of a component in your model. In this case, select the instance(s) you want to edit, right-click one of them, and choose Make Unique from the context menu. This option turns the instances you selected into a separate component.
How do I cut a line in SketchUp?
Dividing a line or arc
- Context-click a line or arc.
- Select Divide from the context menu. SketchUp place points on the line or arc to show where it will be divided.
- Move the cursor toward the center of the line or arc to reduce the number of segments. …
- Click the line when the number of segments you would like is shown.
How do you extrude a solid in Sketchup?
Here’s how the manual method works:
- Identify the path for your extrusion.
- Draw a face or profile that you want to follow the path. …
- Select the Follow Me tool ( ).
- Click and drag the face that you created along the path. …
- Click to complete the Follow Me operation when you reach the end of the path.
How do I make an object a component in Sketchup?
Create a component
- Select the geometry you want to include in your component. …
- Choose Edit > Make Component from the menu bar, or context-click the selection and choose Make Component. …
- In the Definition box, type a meaningful name for your component. …
- In the Description box, add a short description of your component.
How much is SketchUp Pro 2020?
Pricing options – Licensing options have not changed. You can subscribe to SketchUp Pro for $299/yr, or purchase a classic (perpetual) license for $695. (UPDATE 6-3-2020.
Is SketchUp owned by Google?
Trimble Navigation (now Trimble Inc.) acquired SketchUp from Google on June 1, 2012 for an undisclosed sum. In 2013 SketchUp 2013 was released. A new site was provided, Extension Warehouse, hosting plugins and extensions for SketchUp.
Why did Google sell SketchUp?
Sketchup was replaced
As you can see, Sketchup became obsolete for Google. They have developed a technology that can create 3D models almost automatically. The drawbacks of using manually created models have been eliminated.