To set the shortcut, you have to be in “component edit” mode. Then from preferences>shortcuts, you will be able to find “hide similar components” shortcut to set up and “hide rest of model” too.
How do I hide a component in SketchUp?
There is a right way and a wrong way to hide objects in your SketchUp. The more common way to hide objects is to select and right-click to hide them.
How do you hide all lines in SketchUp?
Follow these steps to hide a line or any geometry:
- Select the geometry you want to hide.
- Context-click the selection and choose Hide from the context menu that appears, as shown in the figure. Or choose Edit > Hide. The selected geometry disappears from view, although it is still there, like a ghost in the machine.
How do you select all components in SketchUp?
Select Instances: Perhaps you have 15 instances (copies) of the same component in your model and you want to select them all. Just make sure that you’re viewing your In Model library, and then right-click the component (in the Components dialog box) of your desire. Choose Select Instances, and your work is done.
How do you hide measurements in SketchUp?
Thanks for the info. Your inspired ideas are right on! I especially like the idea of putting dims in a layer. That’s what I do now manually.
- choose the tool,
- click on every point you want,
- r-click or “done” to end,
- drag mouse in a direction and click to place lined up dims.
How do I unlock a SketchUp file?
Do you wish to open this file Read-Only? To fix the problem, you can try the following options: Close the Preview pane in Windows Explorer as shown in the following figure. Close SketchUp and, instead of selecting File > Open, double-click the file to open it.
How do I lock a layer in SketchUp 2019?
To lock a layer so its contents can’t be edited, click the Lock icon. When a layer is locked, its padlock icon is closed. Click the Lock icon again to unlock the layer and open the padlock. Whether you lock a regular or a shared layer, the layer becomes locked on every page.
How do I remove unwanted lines in SketchUp?
If you select the Eraser tool from any of the toolbars, you can click an edge to erase it and any faces it bounds. Click and drag over multiple lines with the Eraser tool. The lines that you will erase when you release the mouse button are highlighted in blue.
How do you show edges in SketchUp?
In SketchUp : View -> Edges -> Choose the edges you want to show.
Can you select similar in SketchUp?
Sure there is a way. go to the Components In Model library. Right click on the thumbnail for the component and choose select Instances. Thanks Dave! If it is not a component and only a group SketchUp will still tell you how many instances of that group you have.
How do you edit a component in SketchUp?
Editing all instances of a component
To open the context, you can double-click the component. Or select it, context-click the selection, and choose Edit Component, or simply hit Enter. Use the SketchUp drawing tools to edit your component.
How do you copy a component in SketchUp?
Here’s how to copy and paste in SketchUp:
- With the Select tool ( ), select the geometry you want to copy. See Selecting Geometry for tips on making selections.
- Select Edit > Copy from the menu bar. …
- Select Edit > Paste from the menu bar. …
- Click where you want to place the copied geometry.
How do I fix dimensions in SketchUp?
To add or edit dimension text, follow these steps:
- Double-click the dimension.
- Click the dimension text box to select it.
- Click the dimension string to open it for editing.
- Add or edit text. To add extra lines, press Enter.
- Click somewhere in the drawing area away from the dimension.