How do you duplicate something in Sketchup?
To copy and drop an object, follow these steps:
- Select the object.
- Type “M” – the keyboard shortcut for Move.
- Select a point from which you want to move from.
- Type CTRL on a Windows or “Option” on a Mac to duplicate the object.
- Place the copied object wherever you want.
How do I create a point in Sketchup?
You add a guide point by selecting the tape measure tool, clicking on a vertex, moving the cursor to where you want the point, and clicking again. If the new location is on the same edge as the start vertex, you will get just a guide point.
How do you copy and paste multiple times in Sketchup?
To tell SketchUp that you want to duplicate the selected entities, press and release the Ctrl (Microsoft Windows) or Option (macOS) key.
Copying and multiplying geometry with the Move tool.
|To Do This||Type This||Example|
|Create multiple copies.||A number and X, or * and a number||Type 7x (or *7) to make 7 copies.|
How do you drag in Sketchup?
Follow these steps:
- With the Select ( ) tool, select the item (or items) you want to move.
- Select the Move tool ( ) or press the M key.
- Click the item you want to move. …
- Move your mouse to move your selection. …
- Click the destination point to finish the move.
How do you copy a curve?
- In the graphics window, select the curves or edges to copy.
- Click Model > Copy, or press CTRL+C. The selected items are copied to the clipboard.
- Click Model > Paste, or press CTRL+V. The Copy tab opens.
- By default, the curve type is set to Exact. …
- Click .
Can you array in SketchUp?
Making an external linear array in SketchUp is easy: Type the number of copies you want, followed by an x, and then press Enter. Type 3x and press Enter, for a total of four windows (Figure 1-4).
Which tool is used to draw curved lines?
The curved line drawing tool is used to create curved or straight lines. The curved line tool provides greater control over the shape of a polyline than the straight line tool (see Drawing With the Straight Line Tool).
How do you find coordinates in Sketchup?
Start one line and then hit the left bracket key, type in coordinates, return, and you get a line, after that you can hit the left bracket and enter coordinates and not touch the mouse, as many lines as you want. So starting on the second line it will be coordinates to coordinates.
How do you extrude multiple faces in SketchUp?
It does exactly that. We select all teh faces we want to extrude, go to Plugins –> Multiple Push Pull (after installing the Plugin of course). The result will be all the faces extruded the same distance.
How do you create a layer in SketchUp 2019?
Follow these steps to add a layer to your SketchUp file:
- Choose Window→Layers. The Layers dialog box opens.
- Click the Add Layer button to add a new layer to the Layers list. If you want, you can double-click your new layer to rename it.