Using the move tool, hover over the top edge of the image until you see it snap to “Midpoint.” Click and then move your mouse, tap an arrow key left/right to lock the image to the correct axis, and hover over the endpoint of the cylinder’s top that corresponds with the “middle.”
How do you align something in Sketchup?
The Easy Way to Align Objects in Sketchup
- Make a Component. Select the object you want to align. …
- Align. …
- Select Component Axes. …
- Open Default Tray.
8 апр. 2019 г.
How do you hollow an object in Sketchup?
Make your SketchUp design hollow by using the offset tool to mark where the inside is, and then erasing the inside of your shape. 3. Erase the interior to make your design hollow inside: Click on the black “selection” arrow at the far upper right corner of the menu. Then right click the interior of the circle.
How do you align axes in Sketchup?
To move and rotate the axes relative to their current position, follow these steps:
- Context-click an empty area on an axis and select Move from the menu that appears.
- In the Move Axes dialog box that appears (shown in the following figure), enter how far you want to move and rotate each axis. …
- Click the OK button.
How do you move an object vertically in SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- With the Select ( ) tool, select the item (or items) you want to move.
- Select the Move tool ( ) or press the M key.
- Click the item you want to move. …
- Move your mouse to move your selection. …
- Click the destination point to finish the move.
How do you rotate an object 180 degrees in SketchUp?
While holding SHIFT, drag your mouse to the point in your model where you’d like to rotate the object from. Click to define the center point. Click a point to start rotating from. Move your mouse to rotate the object, click again to finish.
How do you smooth lines in SketchUp?
Softening and smoothing edges at once
- Select the edges you want to soften and smooth. …
- MacOS: Select Window > Soften Edges.
- Windows: Select Window > Default Tray > Soften Edges. …
- Click and drag the Angle between normals slider to set the maximum size of all angles that will be smoothed or softened.
Where is origin in SketchUp?
Using your keyboard, type “[ 0 , 0 , 0 ]”… enter. This will relocate your selection to the SketchUp origin.
How do you find the midpoint in SketchUp?
To find the center of a circle or arc [when using a drawing tool where you want to choose that point] you must brief pause the cursor over the arc’s perimeter. The auto-inferencing will then suggest ‘center’ at the center-point. Click on that to choose it.
Which axis is north in SketchUp?
The default north is away from the origin along the solid green axis. In the Pro version of SketchUp you can change the direction of north but not in the free versions.
What are the axis in SketchUp?
The Global axis lines are the red, green and blue lines that are normally seen in the drawing window. The point where these lines cross is called the Origin. The red line is the X-axis, green is the Y-axis and blue is the Z-axis. The Z-axis is the vertical one.