Follow these simple steps: Choose Window, Shadows to display the Shadow Settings dialog box. In the upper-left corner of the dialog box, click the Show/Hide Shadows button.
How do I turn off safe frame in SketchUp?
Just turn off the “Safe Frame” in your V-ray settings: Extensions – V-ray – Asset Editor – Settings – Render Output – Dimensions – Safe Frame.
How do I change the view in SketchUp for free?
How to Switch to a 2D View in SketchUp
- Create a new SketchUp file by choosing File→New. Depending on the template you have set to open when you create a new SketchUp file, you may already be in a 2D view. …
- Choose Camera→Standard→Top. This changes your viewpoint so that you’re looking directly down at the ground.
- Choose Camera→Parallel Projection.
How do you hide outlines in SketchUp?
Follow these steps to hide a line or any geometry:
- Select the geometry you want to hide.
- Context-click the selection and choose Hide from the context menu that appears, as shown in the figure. Or choose Edit > Hide. The selected geometry disappears from view, although it is still there, like a ghost in the machine.
What happens when you triple click a face in SketchUp?
Double-clicking an edge gives you that edge plus all the faces that are connected to it. When you triple-click an edge or a face, you select the whole conglomeration that it’s a part of.
How do you show Shadows in SketchUp?
To turn on shadows and see shadows at different times of day, follow these steps:
- Select View > Shadows. …
- Select Window > Shadows to open the Shadow Settings dialog box Open the Shadows panel in the Default Tray, where you can control how the shadows appear.
Why is my SketchUp screen black?
Updated the Geforce driver and set the settings to force use this driver. Not sure why this was a problem with 2018 and not on the 2017… Change in graphics requirements. Each version of SketchUp installs separately, too.
Why is VRAY rendering black?
Causes: Rendering > Render Setup > Effects > Photographic exposure settings may be turned On or are set inappropriately for the scene’s render engine and/or lighting setup. Scene lights may be set incorrectly — the Intensity/Multiplier settings may be too low, Decay/Inverse Falloff may be turned on, and so forth.
Why is my VRAY render black SketchUp?
It’s most likely a bad material or bad file path a VRAY object or material. Try a few different things: Obviously, quit the model and program and re-open it and try again. Next try turning on ‘material override’ in the VRAY settings and see if it renders at all.
How do I change the view in SketchUp?
To adjust the field of view or focal length, follow these steps:
- Select the Zoom tool or press the Z key. You can also select Camera > Field of View from the menu bar.
- Type a value in degrees or millimeters, respectively.
What action does the zoom tool perform?
What action does the Zoom tool perform? Allows you to push and pull shapes or faces in to, or out of your model.
How do you Unsoften edges in SketchUp?
To unsmooth edges, follow these steps:
- Choose View → Hidden Geometry so that the Hidden Geometry menu option is selected. This makes hidden edges visible.
- Select the edges you want to unsmooth.
- In the Soften Edges panel, move the slider all the way to the left.
How make SketchUp faster?
Follow these tips to keep your model light and optimize SketchUp’s performance:
- Stick to simple styles. …
- Components are your friends. …
- Hide geometry you don’t currently need. …
- Choose JPEGs over TIFFs. …
- Disable fog and shadows. …
- Purge data that you don’t need anymore.