To export the model as something that Cura can read you need to go file-> export->3d models… It is possible in Sketchup to download extensions using the extension warehouse that will allow you to export to a more standard format but for our purposes it is unnecessary.
How do I export from SketchUp to STL?
Exporting a SketchUp model as an STL File
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your exported file.
- (Optional) In the appropriate text box, type a name for the exported STL file.
- From the Save As Type drop-down list, select STereolithography File (.
Can you use SketchUp to 3D print?
Typically you can save your 3D model as a SketchUp file (SKP). … The STL file format is the most commonly used in the 3D printing community and will make it easier to share, print, and edit your design in other software. With the SketchUp STL extension installed you can export your model as an STL file.
How do I export in SketchUp?
To export an OBJ file from SketchUp Pro, follow these steps:
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your OBJ file.
- In the Export TypeSave as type drop-down list, select OBJ File (*. …
- (Optional) Rename your file in the File Name text box.
- (Optional) Click the Options button.
Can you export from SketchUp free?
You can try exporting to Collada (. dae) from SketchUp Free or SketchUp Make 2017 (the last free desktop version) and then using the free Autodesk FBX converter to convert it to FBX.
What 3D files can SketchUp import?
SketchUp Pro can import the following file formats: . DWG, . DXF, . 3DS, .
How do I convert STL to OBJ?
How to convert STL files to OBJ online?
- Upload STL-file. Click “Choose File” button to select a stl file on your computer. STL file size can be up to 50 Mb.
- Convert STL to OBJ. Click “Convert” button to start conversion.
- Download your OBJ. When the conversion process is complete, you can download the OBJ file.
Can SketchUp Free be used for 3D printing?
Best of all you can use it for free. As you’ve noticed in this tutorial, you can design and model almost anything you want very easily, using only the native tools. SketchUp can be very useful to introduce people to 3D printing because anyone can 3D model and print an object with the first use.
Is SketchUp still free?
We still have SketchUp Make 2017 available for free download here. Be sure to download Make, not Pro, for the free version. This can be used on Mac or Windows OS for personal projects. It includes 30 days of Pro, after which the Pro features will turn off and you’ll have the free Make version.
Which is better blender or SketchUp?
Blender can be a little bit more difficult to use, as you have to know exactly what you want to create while starting your project. SketchUp is more adapted to large or medium companies, while Blender is actually great for small teams or freelancers.
Can you import DWG into Sketchup free?
You can import CAD files into SketchUp Shop, but not our Free web version. This is one of the many features you can get by unlocking a Shop subscription here. Currently, the only available formats for import in SketchUp Free for Web are these: SKP.
How do I export a high quality JPEG from Sketchup?
Select File > Export > 2D Graphic. An export dialog box appears. Navigate to the location where you want to save your image. (Optional) In the Save As box, type a name for your image file.
How do I export DWG to Sketchup?
Importing a DWG to Sketchup
- File > Import. First, open up Sketchup 7. …
- File > Save as. Once you have your DWG imported, go to “file” and click “save as.” Make sure the file type is a Sketchup Model or (. …
- Close. Close out of the Sketchup 7 window before opening your new saved file. …
- Open Sketchup.
6 мар. 2019 г.
What file types can SketchUp export?
Using SketchUp Data with Other Modeling Programs or Tools
|File Type||File Extension(s)||SketchUp Pro and Shop Only?|
|CAD files||.dwg , .dxf||PRO and SHOP only|
|Image files||.jpg , .png , .tif , .bmp , .psd , .tga , .epx , .pdf , .eps||Some file types are PRO and SHOP only|
Can you email SketchUp files?
Choose File→Export→2D Graphic. In the Export dialog box that opens, choose JPEG from the Export Type drop-down list. Pick a location on your computer and give your exported image a name. Click the Export button to create a JPEG image of what’s visible in your modeling window.
How do you save a SketchUp file as a PDF?
From the menu bar, select File > Export > PDF. The Export PDF dialog box appears, and the PDF format is already selected in the Save As Type drop-down list. Navigate to the location where you want to save the PDF. In the File Name box, type a name for the file.