How do you change length in SketchUp?
With your model open in SketchUp, select Window > Model Info. In the sidebar on the left, select Units. The Units panel appears. From the Format drop-down list, select your desired unit format: Architectural, Decimal, Engineering, or Fractional.
How do I change the angle in SketchUp?
Setting your field of view
- Select the Zoom tool by pressing Z on your keyboard.
- Type in an angle (in degrees) that represents how wide you’d like your view to be, and press Enter — this is your field of view. For a 45 degree FOV, you’d type 45deg. The larger the angle, the more you’ll be able to see.
How do I change aspect ratio in SketchUp?
Aspect Ratio: Set the width and height of the film or sensor as a decimal number.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Move the cursor over the camera model.
- Context-click and select Edit Camera. …
- Modify properties as needed. …
- Click OK.
Where is the measurement box in SketchUp?
It is normally in the lower right corner of the screen. If it is not there, make sure you have SketchUp set to full screen. Go to View >Toolbars and uptick Measurements.
How do I change dimensions in SketchUp for free?
You can’t change the dimensions because that’s not how it works in SketchUp. If you know the dimensions you want for the rectangle, click and release to set the first corner. Move the mouse to drag out the rectangle in the general direction you want it. Let go of the mouse and type the dimensions.
How do I know my SketchUp model?
Go ctrl +a then move the image to show the full extent of the large bounding box, deselect everything, then right to left over the far end will select 3 components. Delete them and hit Zoom Extents and your model should appear.
How do I export a scene in SketchUp?
Exporting image sets
- Select File > Export > Animation > Image Set.
- In the Export Animation dialog box, select where you want SketchUp to save your images. …
- In the File Name box, type the root name for your images. …
- In the Save As Type drop-down list, select an image type.
What action does the zoom tool perform?
What action does the Zoom tool perform? Allows you to push and pull shapes or faces in to, or out of your model.
How do I change camera settings in Sketchup?
Creating an ACT camera
- Select View > Tool Palettes > Advanced Camera Tools (Mac OS X) or View > Toolbars > Advanced Camera Tools (Microsoft Windows). …
- Select Tools > Advanced Camera Tools > Select Camera Type > categories > camera. …
- Click Create Camera ( ). …
- Type a name of the camera in the Name field.
- Click Done.
What measurement does SketchUp use?
If you select the second dropdown menu next to “format,” you will see options for different units. The options are “inches”, “feet”, “mm” (millimeters), “cm” (centimeters), and “m” (meters). Select “mm” and you will notice the measurements in your model have switched from feet and inches to millimeters.
How do I draw a line in SketchUp with dimensions?
Here’s how to draw a line:
- Select the Line tool ( ) on the toolbar (or press the L key). The cursor changes to a pencil.
- Click to set the starting point of your line. …
- Click to set the line’s end point. …
- (Optional) To make your line a precise length, type a value and press Enter (Microsoft Windows) or Return (macOS).
How do you type dimensions in SketchUp?
Type a length value, a comma, a width value, and then press Enter. For example, type 8′,20′ and press Enter. If you type only a number or numbers, SketchUp uses the current document units setting. You can also override the document units setting by specifying imperial (such as 1’6″) or metric (such as 3.652m) units.