It is not possible to explode families in Revit. Both Revit and Autocad has its own functions.
Why is it not recommended to explode CAD in Revit?
Exploding a CAD file inside Revit is not a good idea. The problem is that Revit will change all layers into a Linestyle. That means if you have a large CAD file with many layers, you will have loads of dumb, useless linestyles.
How do you make a family editable in Revit?
- In the Family Editor, click Create tab Properties panel (Family Types).
- In the Family Types dialog, click New, and enter a name for the new type. …
- Under Parameters, click Add.
- In the Parameter Properties dialog, under Parameter Type, select Family parameter.
- Enter a name for the parameter.
- Select a discipline.
How do I change family category in Revit?
- In the Family Editor, click Home tab (or Modify tab) Properties panel (Family Category and Parameters).
- From the dialog, select a family category whose properties you want to import into the current family.
- Specify the family parameters. NoteFamily parameter options vary depending on family category.
- Click OK.
How do you do Axonometrics in Revit?
Creating an AXONOMETRIC VIEW-REVIT
- Copying the default 3D view and renaming it to Axonometric view.
- Create a new Section of the building: Rename to Axo-section.
- Go to the New 3D view. …
- Select from View pulldown menu the “Orient” tool then “Orient to View”
- This is where you select the Section created “Axo-section”
18 авг. 2008 г.
How do you displace elements in Revit?
Create a Displacement Set
- In a 3D or perspective view, select a model element (or multiple elements).
- Click Modify|element> tab View panel (Displace Elements). …
- Use the drag controls to move the displacement set in the X, Y, and Z direction, or explicitly set these values on the Properties palette.
9 апр. 2018 г.
Does Revit use layers?
When you import or link a file to a Revit project, you can control the graphic display of file layers in all views. … Revit lists the layers in the file.
How do you fix levels in Revit?
- Open the section or elevation view to add levels to.
- On the ribbon, click (Level). Architecture tab Datum panel (Level) …
- Place the cursor in the drawing area and click. …
- Draw level lines by moving the cursor horizontally. …
- Click when the level line is the correct length.
What does Revit mean?
Revit is 4D building information modeling capable with tools to plan and track various stages in the building’s lifecycle, from concept to construction and later maintenance and/or demolition.
Where is Family Editor in Revit?
Open the Family Editor
- Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify | tab Mode panel (Edit Family).
- Double-click an instance of the family in the drawing area. Note: The double-click editing behavior is determined by the setting for the Family element type in the Double-click Options.
21 янв. 2021 г.
How do you create a family in Revit 2020?
To create a loadable family, you define the geometry and size of the family using a family template that is provided in Revit. You can then save the family as a separate Revit family file (. rfa file) and load it into any project. Depending on the complexity of the family, the creation process can be time-consuming.
How do you make a parameter editable in Revit?
In the Parameter Properties dialog, select Shared parameter. Click Select and choose the appropriate shared parameter from the appropriate parameter group. If desired, click Edit; this returns you to the Edit Shared Parameters dialog, where you can open a different shared parameter file or add new parameters.
What is a Revit category?
Revit Element Hierarchy. Category: A Category controls the organization, visibility, graphical representations, and scheduling options of Families within the Project.
How many types of families are there in Revit?
We can classify all Revit families into three different types; system families, loadable families, and in place families.
What is a family category?
The Family Category and Parameters tool assigns the properties of a predefined family category to the component you are creating. The tool is only available within the Family Editor. Family parameters define behaviors or Identity Data that apply across all types in that family.