A polygon is a figure formed by the finite number of line segments connected to form a closed circuit. … The polygon command is used to create polygons in AutoCAD. We need to specify the number of sides to create a polygon.
How do you draw a polygon in AutoCAD?
To Draw a Polygon by Specifying One Edge
- Click Drafting tab > Draw panel > Rectangle drop-down > Polygon.
- At the Command prompt, enter the number of sides.
- Enter e (Edge).
- Specify the start point for one polygon segment.
- Specify the endpoint of the polygon segment.
4 февр. 2019 г.
How do I draw a polygon in AutoCAD 2019?
Draw a Polygon
- Click Home tab Draw panel Polygon. Find.
- Enter the number of sides.
- Specify the center of the polygon.
- Do one of the following: Enter i to specify a polygon inscribed within a circle. Enter c to specify a polygon circumscribed about a circle.
- Enter the radius length.
29 мар. 2020 г.
How do you find the area of a polygon in AutoCAD?
To Calculate the Area of a Selected Object
- Click Home tab Utilities panel Measure drop-down Area. Find.
- At the prompt, enter o (Object).
- Select an object.
29 мар. 2020 г.
How do you draw a 6 sided polygon in AutoCAD?
The simplest way to draw a hexagon in AutoCAD is to use the polygon tool, entering six as the number of sides. If you know the radius you’d like to use, then you can choose to size the polygon from the center. You can then choose if you want the hexagon inscribed within the radius, or circumscribed outside the radius.
What is the command for polygon?
The polygon command is used to create polygons in AutoCAD. We need to specify the number of sides to create a polygon. The shortcut command to create a polygon is ‘pol’.
What is the definition of a polygon?
A polygon can be defined (as illustrated above) as a geometric object “consisting of a number of points (called vertices) and an equal number of line segments (called sides), namely a cyclically ordered set of points in a plane, with no three successive points collinear, together with the line segments joining …
How do I create a new layer in AutoCAD?
Create a Layer
- In the Layer Properties Manager, click New Layer. …
- Enter a new layer name by typing over the highlighted layer name. …
- For complex drawings with many layers, enter descriptive text in the Description column.
- Specify the settings and default properties of the new layer by clicking in each column.
29 мар. 2020 г.
What two objects can we draw in polyline?
A polyline is a connected sequence of line segments created as a single object. You can create straight line segments, arc segments, or a combination of the two.
What is AutoCAD Area Command?
Calculates the area and perimeter of objects or of defined areas. You can obtain measurements by selecting an object, or by specifying points to define what you want to measure. The area and perimeter of the specified object are displayed at the Command prompt and in the tooltip.
How do I calculate volume in AutoCAD?
To find the volume of an object, click on Volume from the Measure flyout of the Utilities panel on the Home tab. The command line will now prompt you to specify the first corner point of volume. Don’t click on any point in the drawing area; directly select the Object option from the command line.
What is the unit of area in AutoCAD?
By default, AutoCAD will show the area in the standard drawing units, in this example millimetres. However, whilst in construction, lengths might be needed to display as millimetres, areas tend to be reckoned in square metres.
What is the full form of AutoCAD?
Automatic Computer Aided Design is the full form of AutoCAD which made by company named ‘Autodesk’. … As the software is used for Computer Aided Designing(CAD) and is developed by the company named Autodesk, you can easily guess why the software was named AutoCAD.
Which command is used to draw a hexagon?
In this video, author Shaun Bryant demonstrates the use of the POLYGON command in DraftSight to draw a hexagon.
Which object Cannot be converted into a region?
Valid objects include polylines, lines, circular arcs, circles, elliptical arcs, ellipses, and splines. Each closed loop is converted into a separate region. All crossing intersections and self-intersecting curves are rejected.