What is pc3 AutoCAD? A plotter configuration file, or PC3 file, enables you to configure a plotter and to save the settings for later use. You can set up multiple configuration files for the same plotter by selecting a different configuration in the Plot dialog box.
What is a PC3 file?
A PC3 file – the short name for “Plotter Configuration Version 3” – contains settings for a particular plotter on your network. When you create a PC3 file, you’re configuring that plotter to always print in a specific way. These files contain settings such as: Graphic settings, such as Lines Overwrite or Lines Merge.
How do I use PC3 files in AutoCAD?
To Add or Modify the PC3 File Description
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plotters. Find.
- Double-click the plotter configuration (PC3) file whose settings you want to change.
- In the Plotter Configuration Editor, click the General tab.
- Click in the Description box.
- Add a description or modify the existing description for the PC3 file.
- Click OK.
30 мар. 2020 г.
How do I open PC3 files?
- Open the AutoCAD program.
- Click “File” on the top navigation bar, and then click “Plotter Manager.” The Plotter Manager window opens.
- Navigate to and click on the PC3 file. Click “Open.” The PC3 file opens in the AutoCAD Plotter Manager tool.
Where are AutoCAD PC3 files located?
(By default, PC3 files are stored in the Plotters folder. To find the location of your plotter files, on the Tools menu, click Options. In the Options dialog box, Files tab, click the plus sign to the left of Printer Support File Path. Click the plus sign to the left of the Printer Configuration Search Path file.
How do I add a printer in CAD?
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plotters. …
- Double-click the Add-a-Plotter Wizard shortcut icon.
- On the Begin page, select System Printer. …
- On the System Printer page, select the system printer for which you want to create a plotter configuration file.
30 мар. 2020 г.
How do I install CTB in AutoCAD?
ctb folder on your computer that AutoCad references. To do this, select the Tools tab, then click options at the bottom of the list. Now under the Printer Support File Path tab, click Plot Style Table Search Path. Plot Styles This shows you the folder you need.
How do I add a plot style in AutoCAD?
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plot Styles. Find.
- Double-click the STB file you want to edit.
- In the Plot Style Table Editor, Form View tab, right-click the plot style that you want to copy. …
- Right-click a plot style. …
- In the Add Plot Style dialog box, enter the name of the plot style.
- Click Save & Close.
12 авг. 2020 г.
How do I insert PostScript in AutoCAD?
To Plot a PostScript File
- Make sure you have configured a plotter driver for PostScript file output.
- Click Output tab Plot panel Plot. …
- In the Plot dialog box, under Printer/Plotter, in the Name box, select a PostScript format configuration.
- Select plot settings for the PostScript file as needed.
- Click OK.
What does auto do to the dimension being spaced?
When creating stacked linear or angular dimensions, dimensions may be positioned too close or unevenly spaced in relation to each other. … The default option is “Auto”, this will automatically respace the selected dimensions depending on the sizes of the dimension components, as shown in Figure 3.