You can trim objects inside block only by editing it in Block Editor or by editing it “In-place”. But keep in mind that all block instances in the current drawing will be changed. Alternatively you have to EXPLODE the block.
How do you cut blocks in AutoCAD?
To clip a block, start the XCLIP command by entering it at the command line or selecting Xref from the Modify menu > Clip. Select the block and follow the prompts to create a new boundary that should be used to clip the block.
How do I edit an existing block in AutoCAD?
By default, double-clicking on the block opens either the Properties dialog box or the Block Editor. To edit a block in-place, do any of the following: Right-click on the block and select Edit Block In-Place. Use the command REFEDIT to open the in-place block editor for a selected block.
How do I use clip command in AutoCAD?
Defines a rectangular or polygonal clipping boundary, or generates a polygonal clipping boundary from a polyline. Note: You can only create a new clipping boundary for a selected XREF underlay when the old boundary is deleted. Select Polyline. Defines the boundary with the selected polyline.
How do you trim in Civil 3d?
To Trim a Feature Line
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Trim Find.
- Select the objects to serve as cutting edges.
- Select the feature line(s) to trim.
17 июл. 2019 г.
How do I edit a block?
Using block editor
You can activate block editor by double clicking a block OR select a block then right click> choose block editor from context menu. You can also choose edit from AutoCAD ribbon, home tab> block panel. One thing you must remember. When working with block editor, 0,0 is the insertion point.
Why can’t I edit block in place?
Re: Cannot edit blocks in place
It sounds as though there’s some entities inside the block with materials applied to them. Maybe the path to those material definitions have changed since the fix (Options / Files tab). If that doesn’t sort the problem, WBLOCK the offending block out to a DWG file and edit it there.
Why is my DWG file so big?
Causes: Corrupt data in the drawing. … Data is imported from a DGN file and the original linetypes were not mapped or were incorrectly mapped to AutoCAD linetypes. This produces a huge object database in the drawing that cannot be purged with the standard tools.
How do I compress a DWG file?
Use the following commands to reduce the size of a DWG file.
- Detach all unneeded xref files using the XREF command.
- Select all objects in a drawing and enter the OVERKILL command. …
- Enter the -PURGE command and choose Regapps.
- Enter the PURGE command and select all options.
5 июл. 2020 г.
How do I reduce 3D size in AutoCAD?
- Export 3D solids to a SAT file using the ACISOUT command.
- Delete all 3D solids and import them again using the ACISIN command.
- If AutoCAD Mechanical is available, use STEPOUT and STEPIN instead (layer and colors are better preserved).
10 окт. 2018 г.
What does the clip command do?
Crops selected objects such as blocks, external references, images, viewports, and underlays to a specified boundary. The clipping boundary determines a portion of an image, underlay, viewport, or external reference to hide. The visibility of the clipping boundary is controlled by the FRAME system variable.
How do I make multiple Xclips in AutoCAD?
> is it possible to make multiple Xclip from same Xref. Yes.
- Initial Xclip around the part of your xref you want to xclip.
- copy the xref you just clipped and place it where you want.
- click on the xref you just copied.
- drag the pickboxes around the New area you want to clip.
- Repeat the steps to clip other areas.
5 дек. 2006 г.