Open Revit and start a new Conceptual Mass. Go to Insert, and then click the Import CAD button. A dialogue window appears. Find your file from Autocad, make sure the import settings are as you want them (the ones I used are shown below), then click Open.
How do I import a CAD drawing into Revit?
Import a CAD File
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. …
- Specify options. …
- Click Open.
21 янв. 2021 г.
What 3D files can Revit import?
Importing. Along with our Revit and BIM 360 integration (see below) we support the following 3D filetypes: FBX, OBJ, 3DS, glTF, GLB, DAE, STL, and SKP.
How do I import a STL file into Revit?
To Import DXF, OBJ, STL, Revit, DWF, and IDF Files
- To import to a new file select: File Open Import CAD Formats. Get Started tab Launch panel Import CAD Formats.
- To import into a part file select: Manage tab Insert panel Import. 3D Model tab Create panel Import.
- To import into an assembly, select Assemble tab Component panel Place Imported CAD.
27 июл. 2020 г.
How do I import OBJ files into Revit?
Take the OBJ and Import it into 3DS Max. From there then you can Export it to DWG. That can then be brought into Revit. The options would be to Link to a Project, Import to a Family and then load into a Project, or Import to a Project.
Can you convert Revit to AutoCAD?
Just in case you need to convert a 3D Revit model to 3D AutoCAD, here ya go. It is very simple but remember to click one button to make sure you work with ACAD solids… With the Revit model open, Click the Application Menu (“Big R”) > “Export” > “CAD Formats” > Select “DWG“.
What is better Revit or AutoCAD?
A good way to look at the benefits of each tool is AutoCAD is great for 2D drawing, where only precise line work is needed, such as elevation detail drawings. Revit is great for modeling, generating cost schedules, collaboration and change management. In the industry of design and construction, competition is fierce.
Can you import FBX into Revit?
Browse to your FBX file and select Import FBX. Your model will appear in the 3D viewport. Go to File > Export > Wavefront (. obj) or Collada (Default) (.
Can Revit import STEP files?
Go to Solution. Import STP file in AutoCAD and save as DWG. Link the DWG in Revit. When you get the updated STP, just re-import to the same DWG and the link in Revit will be updated.
What files can revit open?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model.
How do you convert STL to parasolid?
How to create a Parasolid from an STL file
- Import the STL into Mentat using the FEM option (Target Entities)
- Export a BDF file.
- Import the BDF into MSC Apex.
- Using the “Geometry from Mesh” option, create a solid.
- Export the solid as Parasolid file.
20 дек. 2019 г.
How do I open a STL file?
7 of the best free STL file editors
- MeshLab. MeshLab is a very complete free and open source program to edit your STL files. …
- SketchUp. SketchUp, which used to be called Google SketchUp, is a 3D modeling software that now belongs to the architectural company Trimble Buildings. …
- SculptGL. SculptGL is a free 3D sculpting tool.
How do I import a 3D model into AutoCAD?
- Click Insert tab Import panel Import. Find.
- In the Import File dialog box, in the Files of type box, select the file type corresponding to the 3D model file you want to import.
- Find and select the file you want to import, or enter the name of the file at File Name.
- Click Open. …
- Click OK.
How do I convert Rhino to Revit?
Importing a Rhino model into Revit
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). …
- In the Import CAD Formats dialog, navigate to the folder that contains the file to import.
- For Files of type, select the appropriate file type (such as DWG, SAT, or SKP).
- Select the file to import.
- Specify the desired import settings.
How Import 3DS Max to Revit?
How to Import 3Ds in Revit
- Export the desired 3DS Max file (MAX) as either a DWG, DXF or ADSK file. …
- Save the file in the target folder for the exported file. …
- Import the exported MAX file as a DWG, DXF or ADSK file into Revit by going to the “Insert” tab and selecting either the “Link CAD” or “Insert CAD” option.