Hi! In AutoCAD, you can use VIEWBASE command and select an Inventor part (ipt) or assembly (iam) to create associative drawing views like in Inventor. If you need 3D body geometry, you can export the part or the assembly in Inventor as dwg, sat, or step file. Then import or open the file in AutoCAD.
Can you open Inventor files in AutoCAD?
When opening the file in AutoCAD the Inventor drawing data looks just like it does in Inventor. You can view, plot, measure and minimally edit the Inventor drawing data in AutoCAD. Portions of the Inventor data are reusable in AutoCAD as blocks.
What programs can open IPT files?
Some of the most popular programs for opening IPT files are Inventor CAD, The Palace Cyborg Script, and InterPaint Multicolor Image. Check out the developers’ websites, download one or more of these programs, then try to open your IPT file again.
Can Solidworks open IPT files?
You can open Autodesk Inventor 2018 files in SOLIDWORKS 2018 SP01. To open Autodesk Inventor part (. ipt) or assembly (. iam) files in SOLIDWORKS as features, you must have Autodesk Inventor 11 or later installed.
How do I convert an IPT file to OBJ?
How to convert IPT files to OBJ online?
- Upload IPT-file. Click “Choose File” button to select a ipt file on your computer. IPT file size can be up to 50 Mb.
- Convert IPT to OBJ. Click “Convert” button to start conversion.
- Download your OBJ. When the conversion process is complete, you can download the OBJ file.
What is an IAM file?
3D CAD assembly created with Autodesk Inventor; used for designing 3D digital prototypes and integrating 2D AutoCAD documents into a 3D environment; contains an assembly of many parts (. IPT) files. Open over 150 file formats with File Viewer for Android.
How do I import an AutoCAD drawing into Inventor?
Note on saving drawing files as Autodesk Inventor Drawings (. dwg)
- Click Save As Save Copy As.
- In the Save dialog box, change the file type to AutoCAD Drawing (. …
- Click Options to start the DWG File Export Options wizard.
- In the File Export Options dialog box, set the following options, and then click Next.
12 февр. 2014 г.
What is a STP file and how do you open it?
STP files are saved in a text-based ASCII format that conforms to the STEP Application Protocols ISO 10303-2xx. STP files are primarily used for transferring 3D graphics between different CAD and CAM systems. Many manufacturers use the STP file for designing and pricing molds or manufactured parts.
What is IPT extension?
Part or object created with Autodesk Inventor, a program for designing three-dimensional prototypes; consists of a single 2D or 3D object that can be combined with other parts in an assembly (. IAM) file. Open over 100 file formats with File Viewer for Android.
What is a 3D STEP model?
Files with the . step extension are usually 3D model files created in the STEP file format. STEP stands for Standard for the Exchange of Product Data. This ISO standard exchange format is used to distribute 3D data files (such as CAD files) in a format that can be viewed by a variety of software applications.
Can you convert inventor files to Solidworks?
The Autodesk Inventor® Part translator imports Autodesk Inventor part and assembly files as SOLIDWORKS part documents. The imported part files can contain features or geometry only. You can import individual features of objects or import objects as single solid bodies.
How do I open a STEP file in Solidworks?
To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select the desired file format: STEP AP203/214/242 (*. …
- In the dialog box, browse to the desired file.
- Click Options.
- In the System Options dialog box, set options including: …
- Click OK.